Visit me on Facebook ....

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Question #697


A new study has found that conservatives, regardless of marital status, economic wealth and religious practices, are happier than liberals. The research suggests that conservatives are better at rationalizing away social inequalities than liberals, who are more likely to be disheartened and depressed by gaps in status among people. The study further supports PewResearch statistics from 2006 in which 47% of conservative republicans said they were very happy while only 28% of liberal democrats said the same.

What do you think? Do you agree with the study's findings? Would you say these statistics are true among your family and friends?

Share your thoughts.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with this study. Most of my consrvative friends see things in black or white. The glass is half full or half empty. They are not bothered by pondering the nuances of life. To each his own.

To say they're wrong presupposes I know all the answers...and we ALL know that's wrong. My conservative friends are happy...that's all that matters to me.

Anonymous said...

Totsie - I couldn't have said it better myself. The most important thing in life is knowing what makes you truly happy and being happy for others.

While I enjoy spirited political debate, when the votes are counted, regardless of affiliation, we are all Americans.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the study.

I can be accused of having a conservative stance on some subjects and liberal stance on others.

Ultra-conservatives/radicals, whatever you label them probably have as much disconsternation as Liberals.

Liberals are bleeding heart whiney bitches that would lead us all to hell in a hand basket thinking that they are helping us poor uninformed folk to a new utopia of their creation. The beatings in my communist utopian society will continue until moral improves! How dare they not be happier!

For an example find in the dictionary: Communism

There's my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hugh - tell us what you really think.

I agree with the study. Liberal worry about EVERY one and thier tree, while conservatives worry about keeping status quo or knowing it can be good all the time. Or atleast that is how I see the two sides.

Conservative - I'm miserable, but that is my lot in life or I can do what I can do to change it.

Liberal - I'm miserable, others must be too, and it can't be my fault so someone should do something. Then no one does anything so they wallow somemore.